Six Common Financial Pitfalls
Duration: 2 Sessions of 50 Min.
There is an old saying that history tends to repeat itself. How true it is. This session will explore some seemingly little things that we consistently see in many start-ups and smaller practices. You will learn the pros and cons of six common pitfalls and how they may inadvertently put your practice and team at risk.
Target audience: owners, practice managers, veterinarians, hiring managers, HR department
Topic will include:
- Trading services, why it’s just bad business
- Trust fund penalties; trusting your team may be putting them in financial risk
- Bank deposits and what is there to know about cash
- What your professional team says about you
- Overtime; 1099’s/W-4’s – the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Independent contractor vs. Employee